July 18, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg lamb
- 3 medium yellow onions
- half a lemon
- 1 head of garlic
- 200 ml red wine
- 100 ml tomato passata (thicker tomato juice)
- 4 large artichokes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop the onion.
- Chop the garlic.
- Cut the lamb into 2 cm cubes.
- In a large pot, add the fattier pieces of lamb and over low heat render them to fat.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic and saute about 5-7 minutes over medium heat, until the onions are soft and fragrant.
- Add the cubed lamb, the red wine, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil and cook over medium-low heat for about half an hour.
- Add the tomato paste, lemon juice and keep cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Clean the artichokes: Remove their outermost tough leaves.
- Using a sharp knife cut the top third part of the artichokes.
- Cut each artichoke into quarters and using a paring knife carefully remove the choke of each piece.
- Once cut and cleaned place the pieces into a bowl with lemon juice and water or directly into the stew pot, so they do not oxidize.
- After adding all the artichokes quarters cook the stew for another 20 minutes or so. Adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve ornating with some chopped green garlic and a lemon wedge.
Category Lamb, Mediterranean | Tags: artichoke,garlic,lamb,lemon,Mediteranean,onions,stew | No Comments
April 8, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 large globe artichokes
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 100 g feta cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cube the feta cheese into small cubes.
- Cut off the stalk of the artichokes, then cut them lengthwise, using a sharp knife artichoke, in half.
- Using a small and sharp paring knife, remove their choke – the hairy inside part.
- Have prepared the lemon at hand, so after finishing cleaning each artichoke, to squeeze plenty of lemon juice over their cuts quickly, not to oxidize.
- In an ovenproof dish, place the artichokes halves cut side up, season them with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Place a clove of garlic in the hollowed middle of every artichoke half and 2-3 cubes of feta cheese. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over them.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and roast the artichokes in there for 30-40 minutes.
Category Mediterranean, Vegetarian | Tags: artichoke,feta cheese,garlic,lemon,olive oil | No Comments