Although I am not American, I prepared this dish fo my readers from America to celebrate with you:
Ingredients (3 persons)
For the Jerk Chicken Wings:
- 2 chili peppers
- 2-3 green onion
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- the juice and pulp of half a lime
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beer
- about 1kg fresh chicken wings
- 3 ears of corn
For the blueberry sauce:
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 2 spoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Chop roughly the onion, green onions and garlic cloves.
- Place in a blender the marinade ingredients: chili peppers, grated ginger, lime juice, green onions, onion, garlic cloves, allspice, vegetable oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and beer.
- Blend 2-3 minutes until it forms a smooth paste.
- Place the chicken wings in a plastic bag.
- Pour in the Jerk marinade into the plastic bag, take care that every wing will be covered with marinade.
- Place the marinade bag in the refrigerate for overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 250 C.
- Oil an oven rack then place the wings over. Spread some marinade over the wings.
- Put the rack with wings in the oven and place below a tray to catch the drippings.
- Roast them for about 40-50 minutes until they are nicely golden and crunchy. Once or twice brush some more marinade over the wings to get them an extra flavour.
- Meanwhile prepare the corn on the cob and blueberry sauce:
- Husk the corn ears, wash them then brush them with olive oil all over.
- Place them on a grill and turn them slowly until they are done all over.
- In a sauce pan add the blueberries, water and honey.
- Bring them to boil, stirring gently.
- In a cup mix the cornstarch with a little cold water, then add to the sauce pan and simmer for about 6 minutes until reaches the desired thickness.
- Serve 4-5 wings accompanied by a corn on cob and plentiful of blueberry sauce.