June 14, 2016 by Varga László
Category Vegetarian | Tags: blue cheese,easy,gorgonzolla,mozzarella,mushrooms,oven,tomatoes | No Comments
October 20, 2014 by Varga László
Category Italian, Pasta, Vegetarian | Tags: cream,italian,mushrooms,parsley,pasta,quick,vegetarian,wine | 1 Comment
October 16, 2014 by Varga László
During the summer, I had visiting a friend from Latvia, Dace, very pretty girl, studying theater.
After a while, this autumn we chatted online and she told me that she was as most of her countrymen busy picking mushrooms, she laughed when I told her I never did mushrooming ;). (Though, a few weeks later I went picking mushrooms and the ensuing recipe will follow soon).
Inspired by this huge Latvian tradition for mushrooms I cooked the following recipe with some wild mushrooms bought from the farmers market, you can you whatever you find as long they are wild!
The recipe turned out to be very tasty as my Ukrainian guests agreed, soon I will cook Varenyky inspired by talks with them.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 500 g wild mushrooms – I used once scotch bonnet mushrooms
- 6 larger potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 100 ml heavy cream
- some freshly dill for garnishing
- Chop the onion roughly.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Chop roughly the mushrooms if using larger ones
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large soup pot.
- Saute the chopped mushrooms until soft.
- Add the white wine, vegetable stock, potatoes and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are soft.
- In a different small frying pan heat 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the chopped onion and fry until golden brown and having a nice aroma.-
- When potatoes have cooked take out about half of them into a blender. Add some liquid from the soup and puree them.
- Add the pureed potatoes add back into pot of soup, together with the heavy cream, paprika and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup while hot, add a tablespoon of creme and some dill leaves.
Category Soup, Vegetarian | Tags: Latvian,mushrooms,onions,potatoes,soup,vegetarian | 1 Comment