Recently I had some friends over Martin,an Argentinian globetrotter, and Ramona. We had some good time for the weekend, showing them the city, partying and so on.
On Saturday we had a cooking evening under his supervision 🙂 . The menu included from soup to cake, but the thing i liked the most was Tortilla Española – Spanish omelette with potatoes.
It is a very tasty and stomach filling meal, below you have the recipe:
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 medium onions
- 1 kg potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 100 ml vegetable frying oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and chop the onions
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into small cubes
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the cubed potatoes and fry them until golden.
- With a slotted spoon remove the potatoes and set them aside in a large bowl
- Add the chopped onions to the pan and fry them until golden over medium low heat. Remove them from the pan with the slotted spoon and add them to the bowl. Remove the pan from the fire.
- Add to the bowl the whole eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and stir them carefully together.
- Heat up the pan with the remaining oil in and pour over the egg- potato mixture
- Fry over low heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Place a wide enough flat plate on top of the frying pan and with a single move turn over the fried omlette to the plate, then gently slide it back into the pan, fried side up.
- Fry for another 3-5 minutes and then again with the same move as above, flip the omlette to the flat plate
- Cut into 8 and serve