Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1-1.5 kg piece of veal shoulder
- a few tablespoons balsamic vinegar from Modena
- 200 g raspberries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 lettuce buds
- 200 g kefir
- Season the piece of veal shoulder with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Glaze the veal with balsamic vinegar and place int the oven preheated to 180C.
- Star roasting for 90 minutes, but every 10 minutes or so take the veal out to give it a balsamic vinegar glaze. Turn also top to bottom to give it an all-over glaze.
Meanwhile, prepare the raspberries:
- Add them to a smaller frying pan, add about a cup of water. Season them with the sugar and a pinch of salt and some more pinches of black pepper.
- Simmer the raspberries for 5-7 minutes until softened but the berries still intact and not melted.
- Wash thoroughly the lettuce buds and halve them lengthwise.
- When the veal is done, remove it from oven and let it rest 10 minutes before slicing it.
- Serve a few veal slices per plate, drizzled with the raspberries and their juices, a lettuce bud halved and topped with dollops of caucasian kefir.