July 29, 2018 by Varga László
Category Mutton, Stew | Tags: garlic,lentils,mutton,stew | No Comments
August 6, 2017 by Varga László
Category Greek, Seafood, Stew | Tags: bay leaf,ethnic,Greek,octopus,potatoes,seafood,stew,wine | No Comments
June 13, 2016 by Varga László
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 whole pheasant
- a pair smoked pork sausages
- 2 onions
- 600 ml apple cider
- 2-3 tablespoons pork lard
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 red hot chilli pepper
- 1 garlic head
- 4 celery stick slices
- 50 ml double cream
- a few branches of thyme
for the Mashed potatoes
- 1 kg large potatoes
- 100 g butter
- 2 zucchinis
- Cut the sausages into thick slices.
- Chop the onions and the chilli pepper.
- Chop the celery stalks.
- Melt the lard in a frying pan and brown the pheasant on all sides together with the sliced sausages and the whole garlic cloves.
- Place some lard from the pheasant frying into a large pot and fry the chopped onions, chilli pepper and bay leaves until fragrant.
- Add the pheasant and the celery, the thyme branches, the apple cider and fill the rest of the pot with water, season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring to boil, and cook over medium heat for about 2 hours until the pheasant is soft.
- About one hour into the cooking add the halved mushrooms.
- When the meat is fork tender, remove it from the cooking pot and leave it to rest about 15 minutes before cutting it into pieces.
- Meanwhile add the flour diluted into a bit of water, the double cream, stir it well and cook about 30 minutes to thick up cooking juices into a gravy.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in their skins until fork tender.
- Peel their skins and mash them, add the butter.
- Wash the zucchinis, grate them and slowly integrate them into the mashed potatoes
Category Other poultry, Stew | Tags: bay leaf,celery,chili pepper,cider,cream,garlic,pheasant,sausage,stew,thyme | No Comments