August 4, 2018 by Varga László
Category Soup, Vegetarian | Tags: basil,butter,cheese,chili pepper,garlic,goat cheese,green onions,soup,sour cream,zucchini | No Comments
July 25, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (1-2 servings):
- 400 g Vietnamese hard shell clams
- 300 ml elderflower cordial
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly minced
- 1 small dried red chili
- 1-2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 lime
- 1-2 green onions
- If using frozen clams, leave them in cold water for half an hour or so.
- Wash them in two bowls of water until the water in the bowl is clear.
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop the ginger.
- Chop the dried chili into flakes.
- Chop the green onion and parley.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Place the clams into a smaller pot, add the garlic, ginger, chili flakes and pour the elder flower cordial just enough to cover them all with liquid.
- Squeeze the juice of quarter of a lime.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes until the clams have opened.
- Adjust the taste with fish salt and black pepper to your liking.
- Serve with chopped green onions, chopped parley and some lime wedges.
Category Asian, Seafood, Soup, Vietnamese | Tags: chili pepper,clams,garlic,ginger,green onions,lime,quick,seafood,soup,Vietnamese | No Comments
July 9, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (8-10 servings):
- 1.5 kg tripe precooked
- 1.5 kg turkey wings
- 3 medium onions
- 3-4 bay leafs
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 green chili peppers
- 3 celery stalks
- 200 g tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 limes
- 1 kg of oyster mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion for garnishing
- a bunch of parsley or coriander leaves for garnishing
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the tripe in 1-2 bowls of fresh water.
- Chop the onions. Or even if you just clean them, they will dissolve during the hours of boiling.
- Disjoint the turkey wings.
- Clean the garlic cloves.
- Add the tripe to a large cooking pot ( I used an open fire kettle, because I cooked outside). Fill with enough water to cover it . Start cooking.
- Add the turkey pieces, onion, garlic and bay leafs.
- Grille the green chili peppers, turning them a few times, until a bit charred on all their sides.
- Chop the grilled chili peppers.
- Cut the celery stalks in smaller pieces to fit the pot and add to the soup.
- Season with the sweet and hot paprika.
- Add the tomato puree and season with the oregano and some extra paprika if needed.
- Slice roughly the mushrooms to have sort of a similar shape with the tripe.
- When the tripe and turkey has cooked for about 90 minutes, add the chopped mushrooms to the kettle with the soup and continue to cook until the mushrooms are cooked, about another 30 minutes.
- Slice thinly the red onions.
- Chop the parsley.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges.
- When the soup is cooked, serve while hot in soup bowls garnished with some chopped parsley (coriander/cilantro if you like it, but I do not 🙂 ), some slices of red onion and a wedge of lime.
Category Mexican, Soup | Tags: bay leaf,beef,celery,chili pepper,garlic,hangover,hot,lime,Mexican,mushrooms,onions,soup,tripe,turkey | No Comments