April 21, 2017 by Varga László
- about 12 pairs of frogs legs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 150 g butter
- 4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- fresh lemon juice
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Thaw the frogs legs if frozen.
- Add the frogs legs and milk in a bowl and let them marinate for about one hour / one hour and a half.
- Place the flour on a soup plate, add salt and pepper, and mix it with a fork.
- Dredge the legs in the flour, one at a time,
shaking off excess, and transfer to another plate.
- Heat the. butter in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the frogs legs and fry them, flipping once, until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add another spoonful of butter, the garlic, parsley, juice squeezed from half of a lemon, and cook, swirling the pan, for another minute.
- Serve while fresh and warm with lemon slices on the side.
Category French, Seafood | Tags: French,garlic,milk,wine | No Comments
September 17, 2014 by Varga László
As i told in a previous article, I had a short summer holiday in Greece where I ate quite a few seafood dishes, one of the favorite being the following – Shrimp Saganaki or as the Greek call it – Garides Saganaki.
I bought and brought back from Greece lots goodies – feta cheese, Kalamata olives and extra virgin olive oil.
A week a go, Shuang, a friend from China, stayed over so I cooked her the following dish. She licked her fingers
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 500 g medium shrimps (about 15-20 pieces)
- 50 ml ouzo
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, but you can use also plum ore other kind of tomatoes
- 200 g Greek feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoons red peppercorns
- salt to taste
- a few bread slices for the side
- a handful of Kalamata olives for the finishing
- Chop the garlic and onion.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes, or if using bigger tomatoes, dice them.
- Heat the olive oil in a smaller pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and red chili flakes and fry until translucent and softened.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, stir and simmer over medium heat about 5 minutes, the sauce has formed.
- Add the whole shrimps, ouzo and the red peppercorns to taste and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Crumble or cut the feta cheese into cubes.
- Add the feta cheese and oregano. Cover it with a lid and simmer for another 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile in a different pan heat some olive oil and fry some rye bread to toast.
- Serve while shrimps still hot.
Category Greek, Seafood | Tags: cheese,cherry tomatoes,garlic,Greek,oregano,seafood,stew | 1 Comment
August 19, 2014 by Varga László
Category salad, Seafood | Tags: calamari,green onions,light,octopus,quick,salad,seafood,strawberries | No Comments