A week ago I went home to my grandparents house to escape the heat wave we had in the city. Although there was also incredibly hot, the garden and the trees gave some shelter.
As always when I’m going home I cook Sunday lunch’ main course. I wanted to cook some fish but I couldn’t find fresh fish to my liking so I bought some octopus.
I remembered a dish I ate in the Greek island of Lefkada: octopus with potatoes in red wine, so I concocted a recipe similar to that:
Ingredients (3-4 servings)
- Boil in advance the potatoes as a whole.
- Wash and clean the octopus. Cut them into smaller pieces.
- Add the octopus pieces into a pot, garlic and bay leaves, pour over the wine, vinegar and 100 ml water.
- Cover and cook for about an hour, on medium heat.
- After about 40 minute of cooking add the halved/sliced boiled potatoes and the tomato paste and continue to simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve while still hot