August 31, 2018 by Varga László
Category Greek, Lamb | Tags: asparagus,garlic,Greek,grilled,lamb,lemon,oregano | No Comments
July 18, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg lamb
- 3 medium yellow onions
- half a lemon
- 1 head of garlic
- 200 ml red wine
- 100 ml tomato passata (thicker tomato juice)
- 4 large artichokes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop the onion.
- Chop the garlic.
- Cut the lamb into 2 cm cubes.
- In a large pot, add the fattier pieces of lamb and over low heat render them to fat.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic and saute about 5-7 minutes over medium heat, until the onions are soft and fragrant.
- Add the cubed lamb, the red wine, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil and cook over medium-low heat for about half an hour.
- Add the tomato paste, lemon juice and keep cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Clean the artichokes: Remove their outermost tough leaves.
- Using a sharp knife cut the top third part of the artichokes.
- Cut each artichoke into quarters and using a paring knife carefully remove the choke of each piece.
- Once cut and cleaned place the pieces into a bowl with lemon juice and water or directly into the stew pot, so they do not oxidize.
- After adding all the artichokes quarters cook the stew for another 20 minutes or so. Adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve ornating with some chopped green garlic and a lemon wedge.
Category Lamb, Mediterranean | Tags: artichoke,garlic,lamb,lemon,Mediteranean,onions,stew | No Comments
May 12, 2015 by Varga László
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
- 1.5 kg lbs. lamb leg or shoulder
- 2 cup dry, full-bodied red wine
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 250 g roasted red bell peppers strips
- 1 large tomato
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bone the lamb and cut it into 2 cm cubes.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Add the lamb cubes, half of the garlic rosemary, and a cup of wine in a bowl. Stir them well.
- Let marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Drain the meat, discard the marinade, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mince the remaining garlic cloves and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the chopped onions. Fry them until soft, about five minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry another minute.
- Add the meat and fry about 10 minutes turning a few times.
- Add the roasted peppers, chopped tomatoes, chopped parsley leaves, bay leaves, sweet paprika and red wine.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, until the meat is tender. Add some more wine and stock when the sauce is too thick.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve while hot with boiled potatoes.
Category Lamb | Tags: Basque,bay leaf,bell pepper,garlic,lamb,rosemary,stew,wine | No Comments