Skip to content
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
- 500 g salmon fillet
- 50 g butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 l fish stock, or other stocks, or water
- 3-4 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 bunch of fresh dill leaves
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Skin the salmon fillet and cut them in 2 cm cubes.
- Slice the carrots.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Chop the onion.
- Chop the dill leaves.
- Melt the butter in a pot and saute the chopped onions for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stock: cook the mackerel in about 1-1.5 litres of water for about 10 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Reserve the fish for separate consumption, we’ll use only the stock for the recipe.
- While the leeks are cooking, put 5 cups of water and the reserved fish skin in a saucepan and bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add to the pot the salmon skin, cubed potatoes, sliced carrots and the fish stock.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes and carrots are cooked. Remove the salmon skin.
- Add to the soup pot the cubed salmon, the cream, half of the chopped dill and cracked allspice.
- Bring back to boil and simmer over low heat a few minutes, until the fished is just cooked. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with some extra chopped dill on top.