December 20, 2018 by Varga László
Category Breakfast, Eggs, Greek, Turkish | Tags: breakfast,chili pepper,easy,eggs,Greek,quick,sausage,Turkish | No Comments
June 8, 2018 by Varga László
Category Eggs, Vegetarian | Tags: asparagus,breakfast,easy,eggs,olive oil,parmesan,quick | No Comments
May 5, 2017 by Varga László
Recently I had some friends over Martin, an Argentinian globetrotter, and Ramona. We had some good time for the weekend, showing them the city, partying and so on.
On Saturday we had a cooking evening under his supervision :). The menu included from soup to cake, but the thing I liked the most was Tortilla Española – Spanish omelette with potatoes.
It is a very tasty and stomach filling meal, below you have the recipe:
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 medium onions
- 1 kg potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 100 ml vegetable frying oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and chop the onions
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into small cubes
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the cubed potatoes and fry them until golden.
- With a slotted spoon remove the potatoes and set them aside in a large bowl
- Add the chopped onions to the pan and fry them until golden over medium-low heat. Remove them from the pan with the slotted spoon and add them to the bowl. Remove the pan from the fire.
- Add to the bowl the whole eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and stir them carefully together.
- Heat up the pan with the remaining oil in and pour over the egg-potato mixture
- Fry over low heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Place a wide enough flat plate on top of the frying pan and with a single move turn over the fried omelette to the plate, then gently slide it back into the pan, fried side up.
- Fry for another 3-5 minutes and then again with the same move as above, flip the omelette to the flat plate
- Cut into 8 and serve.
Category Eggs, Spanish, Vegetarian | Tags: easy,eggs,onions,potatoes,spanish,vegetarian | No Comments