January 18, 2019 by Varga László
Category Duck | Tags: confit,duck,garlic,gizzard | No Comments
August 27, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 400 g duck hearts
- 1 head of small radicchio or half of a large one
- 250 g (a cup) arborio rice
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dry thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 ml sweet white wine
- 1-1.5 l chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, I use a red onion
- Cut each duck heart in two lengthwise
- Wash them under running water to remove the remaining blood clots.
- Chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil, add the chopped onions and fry over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the halved hearts, the dried thyme and bay leaf, salt and freshly ground black pepper
and keep frying over low heat about 10-15 minutes until the hearts soften and half cooked.
- Meanwhile, chop the radicchio.
- Heat up the stock and keep it hot while cooking the rice.
- Add the chopped radicchio and stir fry in the pot for another 2 minutes, until the radicchio has softened.
- Add some more olive oil and the arborio rice and fry for another minute or so.
- Add the wine and start cooking the rice, continuously stirring the pot’s content.
- When the wine is absorbed
add a ladle of stock to the pot and keep stirring until the liquid is incorporated.
keep doing it one ladle at a time until the rice is cooked but still with texture for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the risotto from heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese and the butter and stir them together. Season with salt and pepper to your taste if needed.
- Serve the risotto topped with chopped parsley and some more grated Parmesan cheese.
Category Duck, Italian | Tags: bay leaf,italian,olive oil,parmesan,radicchio,rice,thyme | No Comments
February 19, 2018 by Varga László
Category Duck | Tags: duck,mushrooms,pineapple,roast,sambal oelek | No Comments