July 25, 2017 by Varga László
Category Seafood | Tags: cocoa,ladyfingers,mascarpone,seafood,sour cherries | No Comments
May 5, 2017 by Varga László
I was in mood to cook something with fish, soon after i made the arancini so I was in mood for balls.
I found on my shelves a can of chickpeas and no bread, so i decided to use the chickpeas as the binding agent for my fishballs.
Being springtime I used green garlic and green onions, you could use the regular non-spring versions as well but these greens give a fresh flavor and a nice color and texture.
The final outcome was not only very pretty but also so yummy!
This is my special new recipe, pretty quick and straightforward:
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 can chickpeas
- 300-400 g boneless salmon fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 green garlics
- 1 green onion
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- frying oil enough to fill the skillet
- With a fork, mash the canned chickpeas, discard the liquid from the can.
- Dice the salmon then chop them with a kitchen knife until the pieces are quite small, but not a paste
- Chop the green garlic and onion.
- Mix together in a bowl the mashed chickpeas, salmon, mozzarella cheese, chopped green onion and garlic, a whole egg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Form small ball the size of a chestnut from this mixture.
- Lay the breadcrumbs in a tray and roll the fishball into the breadcrumbs to get a uniform coating.
- Heat the frying oil in a deep enough skillet, and fry the fishballs over medium high heat until they get a nice golden color. Don’t overcrowd the pan, not to burn them.
Category Fish, Italian | Tags: balls,chickpeas,easy,fish,garlic,green onions,quick,salmon | No Comments
May 5, 2017 by Varga László
Recently I had some friends over Martin,an Argentinian globetrotter, and Ramona. We had some good time for the weekend, showing them the city, partying and so on.
On Saturday we had a cooking evening under his supervision 🙂 . The menu included from soup to cake, but the thing i liked the most was Tortilla Española – Spanish omelette with potatoes.
It is a very tasty and stomach filling meal, below you have the recipe:
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 medium onions
- 1 kg potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 100 ml vegetable frying oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and chop the onions
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into small cubes
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the cubed potatoes and fry them until golden.
- With a slotted spoon remove the potatoes and set them aside in a large bowl
- Add the chopped onions to the pan and fry them until golden over medium low heat. Remove them from the pan with the slotted spoon and add them to the bowl. Remove the pan from the fire.
- Add to the bowl the whole eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and stir them carefully together.
- Heat up the pan with the remaining oil in and pour over the egg- potato mixture
- Fry over low heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Place a wide enough flat plate on top of the frying pan and with a single move turn over the fried omlette to the plate, then gently slide it back into the pan, fried side up.
- Fry for another 3-5 minutes and then again with the same move as above, flip the omlette to the flat plate
- Cut into 8 and serve
Category Eggs, Spanish, Vegetarian | Tags: easy,eggs,onions,potatoes,spanish,vegetarian | No Comments