June 19, 2016 by Varga László
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 3 whole, long garfishes
- 2-3 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches of green asparagus
- 50 g butter
- Wash and clean the garfish.
- Cut them into shorter pieces in order to fit into the oven-tray. My fishes were around 3/4 meter long.
- Place the garfish pieces into the tray, squeeze the juice of a lemon over them and grind some pepper and salt onto them.
- Slice the second lemon on the top and lay the slices on top of the fish tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake at 150 C it about 1-1 1/2 hour until the fishes’ skins are golden brown.
- Meanwhile clean and trim the asparagus.
- Place them in an ovenproof dish, add ontop some butter slices and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the asparagus dish into the oven and bake until the fish is ready.
Category Fish | Tags: , asparagus, butter, fish, lemon, oven, roast | No Comments
June 14, 2016 by Varga László
Category Vegetarian | Tags: , blue cheese, easy, gorgonzolla, mozzarella, mushrooms, oven, tomatoes | No Comments
June 13, 2016 by Varga László
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 whole pheasant
- a pair smoked pork sausages
- 2 onions
- 600 ml apple cider
- 2-3 tablespoons pork lard
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 red hot chili pepper
- 1 garlic head
- 4 celery stick slices
- 50 ml double cream
- a few branches of thyme
for the Mashed potatoes
- 1 kg large potatoes
- 100 g butter
- 2 zucchinis
- Cut the sausages into thick slices.
- Chop the onions and the chili pepper.
- Chop the celery stalks.
- Melt the lard in a frying pan and brown the pheasant on all sides together with the sliced sausages and the whole garlic cloves.
- Place some lard from he pheasant frying into a large pot and fry the chopped onions, chili pepper and bay leaves until fragrant.
- Add the pheasant and the celery, the thyme branches, the apple cider and fill the rest of the pot with water, season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring to boil, and cook over medium heat for about 2 hours until the pheasant is soft.
- About one hour into the cooking add the halved mushrooms.
- When the meat is fork tender, remove it from the cooking pot and leave it to rest about 15 minutes before cut it into pieces.
- Meanwhile add the flour diluted into a bit of water, the double cream, stir it well and cook about 30 minutes to thick up cooking juices into a gravy.
- Meanwhile boil the potatoes in their skins until fork tender.
- Peel their skins and mash them, add the butter.
- Wash the zucchinis, grate them and slowly integrate them into the mashed potatoes
Category Other poultry, Stew | Tags: , bay leaf, celery, chili pepper, cider, cream, garlic, pheasant, sausage, stew, thyme | No Comments