2019/02/26 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 3 medium carrots
- 1-2 medium parsley root
- 1 smaller celery root
- small turnip
- 1 onion
- 6 tbsp of oil
- 1 small bouquet of parsley
- 1.5 litres of bone soup (can be made from soup cubes)
- half a lemon’s juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 heaped tablespoon of flour
- 150 grams of sour cream
- 20 dkg Csabai Hungarian sausage
- Cut the carrots, parsley root, celery and turnip into 1-2 cm cubes.
- Chop roughly the onion.
- Chop roughly the parsley leaves.
- Slice the sausage into 1/2 cm thick.
- Heat the oil in large soup pot and sweat the chopped onions until translucent.
- Add the sausages and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced vegetables and stir fry them for 7 minutes.
- Add the bone broth, lemon juice, chopped parsley leaves, season with salt and freshly ground, bring to boil. Cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the poached eggs. In a smaller pot bring to boil salted water with vinegar.
- Over low heat, add the eggs one by one. Spoon the whites around the yolk to make them more perfect and stir the water to move them around.
- Cook for 2 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon. Keep them in lukewarm water until serving.
- Mix smoothly the flour with the sour cream, add a bit cold water if too thick. Add a ladle of soup from the hot pot, stir it well and then pour it into the soup pot and cook for 2-3 more minutes stirring.
- Serve the soup in large saucers, topped with a poached egg in each.
Category Hungarian, Soup | Tags: , carrots, celery, Hungarian, parsley, sausage, soup, sour cream, turnip, vegetables
No comments yet.