Ingredients (2 servings):
- 100 g black forest ham
- 100 g dried spaetzle
- 100 g Emmental cheese
- 4 tablespoons Austrian apricot puree/jam
- 100 ml Sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the black forest ham into small slices.
- Cook the spaetzle according to the instructions on the package.
- Grate thinly the Emmental cheese.
- In a medium frying pan fry the ham slices a bit until they get a bit crunchy.
- Add the cooked spaetzle and the sour cream to the pan. Stir them gently together and simmer 1 minute over low heat.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the grated cheese, mix and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the ham and spaetzle with some tablespoons of the apricot puree.
- Grind some more black pepper on top.