Ingredients (6 servings):
- 1 kg smaller pieces of mutton
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 300 g tomato paste
- 500 g sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons fruit vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 red hot chilli peppers
- a few green onions
- Clean the garlic cloves but do not chope them.
- Wash the mutton pieces and place them in a large pot together with the whole garlic cloves and one of the chilli peppers.
- Add enough water to cover them all, bring to boil and cook for two hours.
- Towards the end add the tomato juice, water if needed to replenish the evaporated liquid and season with salt and pepper.
- When the meat is tender and cooked, add the sour cream to the pot.
- Break the eggs straight into the pot and keep stirring constantly so the eggs will shred in the soup and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of fruit vinegar to adjust the taste to your liking.
- Slice thinly the remaining chilli pepper and the green onions.
- Serve the soup in saucers topped with the sliced chilis and green onions.