Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 5-6 tablespoons semolina flour
- 300 g curd cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 200 ml sour cream for serving
- Beat well the 2 eggs together with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add the cheese, break it with a fork and mix them well together.
- Add the semolina flour and mix again well so it gets fully incorporated.
- Let it rest for one hour so the semolina swells a bit.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the breadcrumbs till golden-brown.
- Bring water to boil in a large enough pot and add about a tablespoon of salt.
- With the use of a tablespoon or with your bare hands form smaller balls from the semolina dough and place them in the boiling water.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the cooked dumplings and then stir them into the golden-brown fried breadcrumbs so they get a nice golden coating.
- Serve immediately while still hot, topped with sour cream and sprinkled sugar.