Ingredients (4 servings):
for the gremolata:
- Cut the beef heart into steak-like strips.
- Place the heart strips into a bowl, squeeze over the juice of a lime and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir them together and let it marinate for about an hour.
- Trim the lower third of the asparagus shoots.
- Heat up the grill to high temperature and place the asparagus on the grill. Season them with coarse salt and grille them for a few minutes until they have the grill marks, then turn them on their other sides and repeat. Work in 2-3 batches, not to overcrowd the grill.
- After the grilling of the asparagus is finished, place the heart strips on the grill and grill them about 3-4 minutes on each side.
Prepare the gremolata:
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop the parsley leaves.
- Add together to a small bowl the chopped garlic and chopped parsley, the juice of a lime and the olive oil. Season with salt to taste and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Serve the heart strips topped with gremolata and with the grilled asparagus on the side.