Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 guinea fowl thighs
- 1 medium onion
- a few tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 200 ml sweet or semi-sweet white wine
- Wash the thighs and if any skin is loose secure it with wooden toothpicks.
- Dice the onion.
- Scrape some strips of rind from the lemon.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and fry the diced onion and lemon rinds over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the guinea fowl thighs to the pot and brown them on both sides.
- Add the squeezed lemon juice, the wine, season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover the pot and let it cook over medium-low heat for about 45-60 minutes.
- Serve while hot, garnished with some lemon slices and chopped green onions.