Ingredients (4-6 servings):
- 1 kg turkey hearts
- 200 g dried black trumpet mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 200 ml sour cream to garnish
- Dice the onion.
- Chop the garlic cloves.
- Halve lengthwise each turkey heart.
- Wash them of clogged blood under running water, then cut them once again in 2, so the hearts finish quartered.
- Heat the oil in a large pot, add the quartered hearts and fry over medium heat until browned and rendered some fat, keep stirring meanwhile.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pot and continue frying over medium heat for a few minutes, until the onions have softened.
- Add the dried mushrooms and water enough to cover the contents of the pot and some more, add the sweet paprika, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and cook for an hour, until the mushrooms and hearts have softened to your liking. Add some more water to the cooking dish if the sauce has thickened too much.
- Serve in soup plates with a dollop or two of sour cream and some parsley leaves on the side.