Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 whole duck – about 2 kg
- 1 pineapple
- 500 g king oyster mushrooms (eryngii)
- 3-4 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the bird.
- Place the duck in an oven proof dish with the breast side down. Smear about 2 tablespoons of sambal oelek paste on the top of the duck so it is evenly coated, no need of salt and pepper since this sauce is salty and hot-spicy.
- Lay the bird dish in the oven preheated to 180 C and roast it for an hour.
- Turn the duck with beasts up, smear the top with some more sambal paste and roast for another hour until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the mushrooms and pineapple:
- Halve the king oyster mushrooms lengthwise and place them in an ovenproof dish cut side up.
- Smear some olive oil on their cuts and sprinkle plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper on top.
- Lay the dish in the oven below the duck and roast for about 15-20 minutes.
- Slice the pineapple into 2 cm slices, salt and pepper them.
- Roast them too in the oven for the same time as the mushrooms.
- When the duck is roasted to your liking, remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve duck pieces with the fleshy mushrooms and the roasted pineapple.