Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 kg bigger portobello/champignon mushrooms
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 ml tomato paste (passata)
- 100 g mozzarella cheese
- 100 g gorgonzola cheese
- 1 red hot chilli pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and clean the mushrooms, removing their stems.
- Chop the mushroom stems and the chilli peppers.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped mushrooms and chillies.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and passata, keep frying and stirring until thickens.
- Add half of the grated mozzarella and keep stirring for a few seconds until it’s melted and fully incorporated into the sauce.
- Place the mushrooms in a tray top side down and scoop on each of them some sauce.
- Add to each mushroom some gorgonzola cubes and top with grated mozzarella.
- Place the tray with mushroom in the oven and bake at 150 C for about 10-15 minutes until the cheeses have melted.
- Serve while still hot and melting 😉