2014/10/24 by Varga László
Ingredients (6-8 servings):
- 2.5 kg medium potatoes
- 1 jar of mayonnaise
- 200 ml Sana, you can use also yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon German mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 stalk spring onion
- some German sausages to grill
- 500 g mushrooms to grill
- Wash thoroughly the potatoes.
- In a larger pot filled with water add some salt and boil the potatoes in their skins until tender. Check their tenderness from time to time by poking them with a fork.
- Peel the skins off the potatoes while they are still hot because it’s the easiest, and let them cool down to room temperature.
- When cooled, dice the potatoes into 2 cm cubes.
- Chop the green onions into 1 cm pieces.
- In a larger bowl add the cubed potatoes, chopped green onions, mayonnaise, mustard, Sana and stir gently with a wooden spoon, carefully not to crumble the potatoes. And salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile (and if you are not a vegetarian) grill some German sausages. I used some bratwurst and some weisswurst.
- I also grilled some mushrooms.
- Serve the cold potato salad with the hot grilled sausages and some German pickles or sauerkraut.
Category German, salad | Tags: , German, mayonnaise, potatoes, quick, salad, sausage