2014/08/22 by Varga László
Ingredients (12-15 servings) :
- 1,5 kg beef tripe cleaned and precooked
- 2 slices of beef shank
- 500 g heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 100 g pickled red bell peppers
- 4-5 teaspoons vinegar
- a big garlic bulb
- 4 big onions
- 3 large carrots
- 1/2 celery root
- 4-5 bay leaves
- Black peppercorns and salt to taste
- Place the tripe pieces and beef shanks in the boiling water in the pot/kettle. If the tripe is not precooked, you should cook it first 15 minutes, discard the water and slice them into 1 cm slices.
- Clean the onions but leave them a piece
- Add to the boiling soup the bay leaves, cleaned carrots, celery and onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it cook for about 2 hours until the tripe is cooked and tender.
- Meanwhile, chop the garlic. Slice thinly the pickled red bell peppers.
- When the tripe is cooked remove the pot/kettle from the fire.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the heavy cream until homogeneous. Add to the bowl the chopped garlic and give it another whisk
- Add to the soup pot – removed already from the fire – the egg-cream-garlic mix and the bell pepper slices.
- Stir them all together and let it rest for 10 minutes for the aromas to intertwine.
- Serve the soup while still hot and decorate with parsley leaves.
Category Beef, Romanian, Soup | Tags: , beef, cream, garlic, hangover, Romanian, soup