Ingredients (4 servings):
- 500 g carrots
- 250 g potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 100 g butter
- 100 ml white semisweet wine
- 1 tablespoon shopped fresh ginger
- some hard rind matured cheese
- a few parsley leaves
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Slice the carrots into 1 cm thick slices.
- Dice the potatoes into 2 cm cubes.
- Melt half of the butter in a pot and fry lightly the chopped onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and the other half o the butter, cover and saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, ginger and plenty of water to cover and cook for about 45 minutes until the vegetables are done.
- Let it cool down for 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender puree the vegetables until smooth.
- Add the wine to the soup pot, reheat it and cook for a few minutes over low heat.
- Optionally you can add creme but I have left it out.
- Serve the soup hot in a bowl or a saucer. Grate some hard rind matured cheese over the soup, I used some polish Old Poland – Bursztyn cheese.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley leaves and croutons on the side.