- 1/2 kg wild mushrooms (bought from the farmers market)
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 medium parsley roots
- 1 medium parsnip
- 3-4 tables vegetable oil
- some chopped parsley leaves to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash thoroughly the vegetable roots: carrots, parsley and parsnip. Slice them into 1/2 cm thick rounds.
- In a larger pot heat the oil, add the sliced root vegetables and some salt. Saute for 5-10 minutes until fragrant, stirring from time to time.
- Wash the mushrooms slightly, under running, do not let them soak in water.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters or larger pieces, because they will look nice in soup.
- Pour the mushrooms in the pot and fill it with enough water so it covers all ingredients. Cook for about 45 minutes or until mushrooms are done.
- In a cup, mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with cold water until homogenized then pour into the soup pot, stirring meanwhile, cook for further minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve while hot with some chopped parsley leaves on top.