Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1kg chicken breasts
- 150 g smoked bacon
- a can – 1/2 l bottle of raspberry beer
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- a few branches of fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- optionally – a few raspberries
- Wash the chicken breast then pat them dry with kitchen paper towels.
- In a bowl mix together 250 ml raspberry beer, salt, hot paprika and lemon zest. Add the chicken breasts, taking care to be covered fully by marinade and marinate for 2-3 hours, or best overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Slice thinly the smoked bacon.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the chicken breasts till golden brown.
- Add to the frying pan the remainder raspberry, the bacon slices and the thyme.
- Simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes until the sauce thickens. Turn the chicken breasts so they get a nice glazing from the thickened juices.
- Optionally you can add a few raspberries in the last minute of simmering, but I did not have any so I left them out.
- Serve with still hot with potato croquettes and a chilled raspberry beer with a lemon wedge on the side.