This recipe I have done together with my good friend Ioana actually the meat part of it was mainly her concoction ;).
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 slices veal sirloin
- 500-600 g Brussels sprouts
- 150 g butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons grape-seed oil or other neutral taste oil
- 100 ml dry red wine
- Spread some oil over the sirloin slices, salt and pepper them. Leave them for 10-20 minutes.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts and remove their outer leaves if wilted. Cut each sprout in half.
- Slice the garlic.
- Melt half of the butter in the frying pan add the Brussels sprouts with cut sides down in a single layer. Fry them for about 10 minutes over medium-low heat, until that side is golden.
- Add the garlic slices and stir the sprouts lightly to fry their other sides lightly for about 5 minutes or so. Set them aside.
- Repeat the sprouts frying until all of them are fried in the manner at steps 4-5.
- In a different pan heat the grape-seed oil over medium heat and fry lightly the veal slices for 15-20 s on each side. Be careful not to over fry them because they will get dry and stringy.
- Lower the heat to low, put back the veal slices in their pan and place about 1 tablespoon of butter over each slice.
- Continue to fry them slowly until the butter has melted and impregnated the meat. Remove the meat from the pan.
- In the meat frying pan add the wine to the meat and butter juices and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve each veal slice with a few spoonfuls of wine sauce and fried Brussels sprouts on the side.