Ingredients (3 servings):
for the pork medallions:
- about 6-700 g pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika powder
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mince garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
for the mushrooms:
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g smaller champignon (button) mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh-chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
for the peaches:
- 4-6 large firm peaches well ripe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Slice the tenderloin into 2 cm thick medallions.
- Put the meat slices into a bowl together with the soy sauce, paprika, lemon juice, garlic, half cup of wine and salt to taste. Let it marinate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Cut the peaches into halves.
- To prevent the mushrooms to soak water just wipe them with a damp towel or just a little water.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan until hot then add the mushrooms with cap side down, in a single layer. Let them fry without stirring for about 3 minute until their caps are caramelized. If stirring quicker, they will release liquid and begin to boil.
- After these 3 minutes stir the and continue to fry them for about another 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and fry them for another 5 minute, until nicely caramelized – golden brown.
- Lower a bit the heat, add thyme, lemon juice, the other half cup of wine and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until the liquid evaporates leaving just a small amount of sauce glazing the mushrooms.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set them aside, but leave the small amount of juices remaining in the pan.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the pan and fry the peaches with the cut side down for about 2-3 minute depending on the ripeness of the peaches, not too much not to become too mushy.
- Flip them over and sprinkle with brown sugar and brown this other side also for another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another frying pan melt some butter and fry lightly the tenderloin slices on both sides for about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Serve an large plates 3-4 pork medallions, some fried peach halves and a handful of caramelized mushrooms.