Ingredients (2 servings):
- 4-5 medium crucian carps, about 1 kg
- 100 g sour cream
- 1 bunch of herbs for fish seasoning (including rosemary, sage and parsley)
- 2 small onions
- about 4 smaller courgettes (zucchinis)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scale the fishes, gut them and remove the gills. Wash them thoroughly.
- Slice the onions Into rings.
- Chop the herb bouquet.
- Stuff the crucian carps with onion rings and and some chopped herbs. Be careful not to put too much herbs because they are very poignant and the fish is small.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining chopped herbs with sour cream and season it with salt to taste.
- Holding by their tails, dredge the carps on both sides through the sour cream and place them in an oven tray.
- Place the fish tray into an oven preheated at 160 C. Bake the fishes about 45 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile prepare the courgettes: wash them and slice them into 1 cm rounds.
- Place the courgette slices into a slightly oiled different oven tray. Sprinkle over salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place the zucchini tray in the oven beneath the fish at half of the carps baking time, just to let the heat work on the slices but to leave the juicy and crisp/
- Mix the remaining sour cream with the remaining onion rings. and serve on the side with one ore two fish (since they are pretu small) and some baked courgette slices.