2012/07/15 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 persons):
- 1 kg veal (leg) cutlet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- approx. 700 kg (new) potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- a hanfull of basil leaves
- 750 – 1000 g fresh sour cherries
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- half of a lime’s juice
- 50 g alcohol, I had some Lithuanian raspberry vodka
- Slice thinly the piece of veal leg cutlet. Sprinkle thew with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Slice thinly the potatoes.
- Lay them in a slightly oiled roasting pan in a single layer. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and a bit more of olive oil and shreded basil leaves.
- Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven at 180 C and bake them for about half an hour until they get golden and a bit crunchy.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry over medium-high heat the veal slices for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Pit the sour cherries and place them in a sauce pan, add half of cup of water or just the quantity to merely cover the fruits.
- Bring them to boil, add the quantity of honey adjusted to the sorness/sweetness of the sour cherries and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- In a cup, mix lumpless the cornstarch with a bit of cold water, the add it to the sauce pan stirring well.
- Add the berry vodka to the sauce.
- Optionally if not enough sour add some lime juice also for a bit of increased flavour.
- Serve all three: veal, sour cherry sauce and potato chips while still warm.
Category veal | Tags: , basil, honey, potato, sour cherries, veal, vodka