Ingredients (4 persons):
- 1.5 kg salmon heads and tails
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- aprox. 10 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- a few parsley leaves
- 3-4 small carrots
- 5 green onions
- 1 small celery root
- 1 parsley root
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- a bit of dill to garnish
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash and clean the salmon parts, remove the gills from the heads.
- Chop 2 carrots, the celery and parsley roots into small cubes.
- In a large pot put the salmon parts, cover with water and start cooking for 1-2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add chopped root vegetables, peppercorns, bay leaves, pepper flakes, parsley leaves and the white parts of spring onions and fry them over medium heat 10 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender, add them together with the wine to the soup pot. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer.
- After the cooking time, sift the soup, discard the cooked vegetables.
- Bone the salmon parts and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into 1/2-1 cm cubes. Slice roughly the remaining carrots.
- Add the broth the sliced carrots and diced potatoes, and boil for half an hour over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add salmon meat and lemon juice to the soup, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for about a minute.
- Serve in bowls garnished with some parsley and dill leaves and a slice of lemon.