I had some leftover Easter eggs and remembering an idea of a recipe I found on the site: nosalty.hu, I decided to do my personal take on this recipe, as follows:
Ingredients (4 persons):
- 4 hard boiled eggs or easter eggs
- 4 smaller tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour creme
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 2 green onions
- salt to taste
- Peel the eggs.
- Cut a thinner slice off each egg’s wider end to ensure a stable base for the mushroom.
- Cut a thicker slice off each egg’s narrow end and carefully scoop the yolks from the eggs.
- Dice the green part of a green onion and add to a bowl together with the yolks, creme cheese, sour creme, hot paprika and salt.
- Using a fork mash and mix all the ingredient in the bowl.
- Place the hollow eggs standing and fill them with the mixture.
- Slice the tomatoes in two and place their bottom halves on top of the eggs.
- Decorate the tomatoes with some dots of sour creme add the chopped remaining green onion as decoration beside.