This is a modified version of Capri Salad (Insalada Caprese), I added some very spicy blue cheese and red onions to it to give a richer taste.
Ingredients (2 persons):
- 4 kumato tomatoes
- 200 g fresh mozzarella cheese
- 50 g blue cheese
- 1 medium red onion
- balsamic vinegar
- a few fresh basil leaves
- some chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices of bread
- Slice thinly the kumato tomatoes.
- Slice the mozarella cheese.
- Depending on the consistency of the blue cheese, crumble or cut in small pieces.
- Slice thinly the red onion.
- Arrange on each plate the slices of tomato, cheeses and onion.
- Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over.
- Place on top some basil leaves and some chives cut in 1 cm pieces.
- In a pan with olive oil lightly fry the bread slices until golden brown.
- Serve each plate with 2 fried toast slices.