Ingredients (2 persons):
- 1 Belgian endive
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- 1 small lettuce
- 1 cup with nuts
- a small pieces of butter / 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 ml sweet red wine (you can use also white wine)
- salt, pepper
- honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoon apple vinegar
- Pass the endive under water. Don’t wash thoroughly with water because it becomes bitter. Wash the remaining vegetables and wipe all of them with an absorbent towel.
- Into a non-stick pan roast the nuts, without using oil.
- Cut the apple into thin slices.
- Into a non-stick pan, add the butter/oil. When it’s heated add the apple slices and fry one minute on each side.
- Over the apple add the wine. If you want that the apple and the sauce to be sweeter you can add some honey.
- Leave for 2 minutes. After that remove the apple slices and let the sauce drop for another few minutes.
- Finally, add to the sauce salt and pepper to taste and 2 tablespoons of apple vinegar.
- Cut the lettuce and endive, chop the carrots finely, place all of them into a salad bowl.
- After apple slices and nuts have cooled, add them over the salad.
- Add the wine sauce and mix all together.
You can serve the salad on its own or with chicken meat.