- 200 g green pasta (from Barilla): penne rigate with zucchini and spinach
- 1 small onion
- 200 g frozen peas
- 400 g frozen spinach puree
- 250 g king oyster mushroom (Pleurotus)
- 100 g butter
- fresh basil leaves
- hard cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Chop the onion then brown it in the pan with olive oil.
- Add the frozen peas and spinach, a cup of water and some salt and pepper to taste, cook for about 8 minutes.
- Cut the mushrooms int 2 cm shreds, add to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the butter and the chopped basil leaves, simmer it for another 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta in salted water until done, drain then add to the pan with the sauce, and mix them gently together.
- Serve it on plates with grated hard cheese, if you have Parmigiano that would be a plus.
You can use fresh peas and spinach if you have, but then you have to adjust their cooking time accordingly.