Ingredients (4 servings) :
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 200 ml white wine
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tables spoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the gravy
- 1 kg rose hips
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients for the marinade (oil, wine, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper), then add the chicken wings so they will be fully covered in juices. If not enough marinade to ensure the coverage add some more wine.
- Put the bowl in the freezer and let it marinate overnight or for at least a few hours.
- Wash the rose hips an remove their black ends.
- Simmer the rose hips in a large pot full of water for 2-3 hours until soft and mashable.
- With a potato masher mash up the rose hips into a rough purée.
- Use a very fine mesh strainer or 4 layers of cheesecloth over a large pot. Transfer the rose hip mixture into the strainer/cheesecloth. Let strain into the bowl for at least an hour. Squeeze the cheesecloth to get more remaining juice out.
- Simmer the pot with the juice it until reaches the desired thickness, adding the sugar during the process.
- Strain the wings of the marinade
- In a large pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and fry the wings until they get a nice brownish colour, turning them to get this look evenly.
- Serve on a plate with potato croquettes and the rose hip gravy