Skip to content
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 large chicken breast,
- 1 large quince
- 1 medium onion sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon and honey
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- about 50 g butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan filled with boiling water, put the lemon juice and a bit honey.
- Cut the quince in quarters, or if very large in even more parts and put them immediately into the water, otherwise the fruit browns in a minute.
- Cook until crispy, so they will be soft but not be mushy, keeping their shape.
- Dice the chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Drain the quince slices and cut off their cores and dice them to the size of the chicken cube.
- In a skillet melt the butter and simmer the onion rounds.
- Add the ground cinnamon, ginger and add the chicken breasts, salt and pepper, and fry them red.
- When done add a teaspoon of honey, and caramelize a bit.
- Pull aside until caramelizing quince:
- In another frying pan melt a teaspoon of butter and a teaspoon of honey and add the chopped quince
- Stir 1-2 minute until nicely red, but does not become sticky
- At the very end add the meat and a little more honey